In this guide, we’ve got the dosage topic covered but you should always consult with your doctor before beginning any form of treatment. CBD-rich oil comes in a variety of concentrations and forms, CBD oil works differently for each person!
Things to Know About CBD Oil Dosages
1) Every Person is Different and May Require a Different Dosage
If you read other pages on our site, then you have probably heard of the endocannabinoid system this is a unique system in our body that’s responsible for our mental and physical health. CBD helps regulate that system by binding with various receptors located within cell and tissue systems. Those receptors are referred to as CB1 and CB2.
2) Genetics, Tolerance and General Health
If you accept the fact that everyone is different, then you can understand that everyone has his/her own genetics, tolerance, and general health. There are those that suffer from severe debilitating conditions and others that are only looking to cure their day to day anxiety. Each person has their own reasons for wanting to take CBD oil, and it’s assumed that all of these factors – genetics, tolerance and general health – will come into play as far as how well CBD works for them. It cannot be expected that someone who is in the prime of their game, from a health perspective, will require the same dosage as someone who has severe medical issues.
3) It’s Not a Miracle Cure
Regardless of whether the right dosage of CBD will work for your body or not, it’s important to understand that CBD oil is not a miracle cure. Don’t expect to take a few drops and, Voilà, you’re cured. The effects of CBD oil are not instant, and people constantly make the same mistake – they use CBD for a short period, expecting it to cure them instantly, and when it doesn’t work they complain and ask for a refund. CBD can take time to work and similar to your health issues, it won’t happen overnight. The key is taking daily!
The Standard CBD Oil Dosage Manual
Here are a few common dosage strategies that might work for you:
- Start by taking one drop on the first day. It’s important to see how you feel as everyone reacts differently. It may even cause you irritation, and therefore it’s important to stop.
- If all goes well, increase the amount to 2 drops per day for the first 3-4 weeks. This is the testing period to see if it is helping any of your symptoms.
- Spread the drops throughout the day. For example, take one in the morning and one in the evening.
- If you don’t experience any change, then increase at a slow rate and see how you feel. With each person, it is a question of finding the right dosage.
Remember we advise you to put the drops under your tongue and let them take effect for at least 30 seconds.
Numerous sites state the following dosage guidelines when using CBD orally:
- General Health: 2.5-15mg CBD
- Chronic pain: 2.5-20 mg CBD
- Sleep disorders: 40-160 mg CBD